This clear, plastic aligner has been a boon for orthodontists and dental patients the world over. They are so much simpler than braces, and you can even take them out to eat.
If you think Invisalign may be something that could help you, read on to learn more about it, and then set up a consultation with a trusted brooklyn dentist to see what they can do for you.
The Advantages of Invisalign
Let’s take a look at some of the strong points that Invisalign is best known for treating:
· Crooked teeth: This is one of the biggest selling points of the product. Invisalign is definitely a great option for straightening up crooked teeth.
· Teeth gaps: Gaps in your teeth are identifiers of a spacing problem. Invisalign is perfect to help close these gaps, but it is slightly limited depending on how large the gaps are.
· Open bite: Invisalign is great for treating open bite, by carefully moving your top and bottom teeth into the perfect position so they can close properly.
The Disadvantages of Invisalign
Invisalign, while great, may not be the right solution for everyone. Some conditions that could require something else include:
· Intrusion or extrusion: While braces are able to provide the force that is necessary to move teeth where they need to go, Invisalign is only able to move the front teeth and is not particularly effective at moving the back teeth.
· Larger gaps in teeth: Invisalign can help with smaller gaps in the teeth, but gaps larger than 6mm may need to be addressed by other methods.
If Invisalign sounds right for you, you should consult with your dentist about it at your next appointment. Everyone wants to be proud of their smile, so get started with Invisalign soon so that you, too, can smile proudly again.Read More